Corporate Wellness Program
Today’s successful organizations recognize that in order to maintain a productive workforce and to manage escalating healthcare costs, it is imperative that they design and implement corporate wellness strategies that can help those who are healthy to stay healthy and to help those with risk factors or diagnosed conditions to improve.
Wellness Is A Lifelong Journey
At Horizon Services, we believe that overall wellness is a lifelong journey toward optimal health. This means treating the whole person, including their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. The path to wellness is different for everyone, but it starts with getting team members engaged in their own well-being. Our key goal is to address the health needs of team members, effectively change unhealthy behaviors and promote wellness. We feel that incorporating a Wellness Program allows our team members to become smarter consumers of healthcare and feel empowered to take charge of their personal health.
Corporate Wellness at Horizon Services
With that, Horizon Services has designed and implemented a Corporate Wellness Program that has helped:
- Improve Productivity
- Develop A Team-Work Spirit
- Reduce Team Member Stress
- Reduce Team Member Absenteeism and Turnover
- Improve Team Member Relations and Morale
- Enhance Recruitment and Retention of Healthy Team Members
- Decrease Rates of Illness and Injuries
- Reduce Company Healthcare Costs
Horizon Services’ Corporate Wellness Program consists of:
- A Full Gym At Both Locations – All team members are welcome to utilize treadmills, exercise bikes, ellipticals, weights, weight benches, locker rooms, and showers.
- Yoga/Coaching Program – With over 80 team members currently participating, we target overall health through proper breathing techniques, stretching, meditation, and stress relief exercises.
- Education and Coaching – Through one-on-one confidential health coaching, we encourage team members to change their health behaviors for the better, improving overall corporate wellness.
- 20% Discount on Membership at YMCA Delaware.
- Healthy Vending Machines – We purchased our own vending machines and stocked it with healthier snack options such as protein bars, nuts, baked snacks, and bottled water. We offer these items to our team members at or under our own cost.
- Weekly Distribution of Fresh Fruit – Horizon has over 2,000 pieces of fruit delivered and made available to our entire staff every month – at no cost.
- Healthy Boxed Lunches – We offer healthier options to our technicians for lunch, at cost.
- Smoking Cessation – Horizon will pay for any team member to quit smoking.
- On-Site Free Annual Flu Shot – Offered every February to all team members — keeping our team members healthy.
- Health Assessment, Biometric Screenings, Fit Stops through CardioKinetics:
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Glucose
- Pulse rate
- Total Cholesterol (LDL, HDL and ratio)
- Nutritional Options for Eating Right
Benefits of corporate wellness programs for Horizon Services’ team members include:
- Increased Well-Being, Self-Image, and Self-Esteem
- Increased Team Member Job Satisfaction
- Improved Physical Fitness of our Team Members
- Increased Stamina
- Lower Levels of Stress
- Weight Reduction
Smoke-Free Workplace Policy
Horizon Services is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and to promoting the health and wellbeing of its Team Members. Motivated by our desire to provide a healthy work environment for our Team Members, Horizon Services is now a smoke-free “campus” (encompassing anywhere on company grounds). This applies to all Team Members and visitors of Horizon Services.