Wake Up Well Rested and Ready to Take on the World
If you like sleeping in a cool room, you might be on to something. Did you know that air-conditioning actually has a direct effect on how you sleep? The cooler and more comfortable you are at night, the deeper you will sleep. That means you will wake up well rested and ready to take on the world.
In order to make the most out of your night’s sleep, keep these tips and tricks in mind; the secret to a good night’s rest goes beyond just having a good AC system.
Considering energy efficiency when purchasing a new air conditioner is not the only thing you need to ensure a good night’s sleep. Getting a good rest actually requires you to balance both your behavior and your environment. Here are some things you should keep in mind if you are to get some sound sleep.
- Avoid nicotine, caffeine and alcohol.
- Drink warm milk, but avoid eating for at least three hours before bedtime. However, a small snack is ok.
- Follow a routine and go to bed at the same time every night.
Once you have got your nighttime routine sorted it is time to think about your environment. Your surroundings have a big effect on how you sleep. Here is what you should remember:
- Set the nighttime temperature between 60 and 68°F.
- Have a comfortable mattress.
- Make sure your room is nice and dark and quiet.
- Put a hot water bottle by your toes.
- Do not read in bed.
Air Conditioning Units
Before you go to bed, make sure your room is nice and cool. If you do not have central air-conditioning, you may want to consider purchasing a system for your home to keep cool during the summer. Remember, keeping the temperature down means you are more likely to sleep better. So, what should you look for in a new air conditioning unit? Keep these tips in mind when you go shopping for a new AC unit.
- Make sure to have your home measured. The physical characteristics of every house are different. Be sure that the system you purchase has been custom fit for your home and the needs of your families comfort.
- Purchase an energy efficient air-conditioner; the planet and your wallet will thank you.
- Do some research before making the purchase; you will find that some air-conditioning brands perform better than others.
- Once you have your AC unit, be sure to get it serviced at least once a year. Proper Maintenance can help extend the life of your HVAC equipment.
Remember, tossing and turning throughout the night can have adverse effects on you the next day and perhaps even longer. Not getting enough sleep has been known to lead to much more serious health concerns than just being a little grumpy in the morning. Keep your home cool at night and follow the tips above to ensure a better night’s sleep.
Contact Horizon Services
So, if you ready to install or replace an air conditioner or heater our friendly and experienced team of Comfort Specialists knows air conditioning and heating systems inside and out. They’ll take the time to study your home, understand your cooling and heating requirements, show you all of your options and assist you with finding the quality home comfort system that best meets your family’s needs and budget.
For more information, visit our Installation and Replacement section!
Additional Information from Horizon Services…
- Horizon Air Conditioning Services
- Horizon’s $89 Air Conditioning Tune-Up
- Save Money and Extend Equipment Life With Yearly Maintenance
- Extend the Life of Your HVAC Equipment with Proper Maintenance
- How do I Know Which HVAC System is Right for my Home?
- Is Your Home Suffering from Hot Flashes?