Horizon Services Head Chef Contest
During the month of June we asked our Horizon Insiders to submit their favorite summer recipes into our Horizon Services Head Chef Contest!
Our judges ultimately put their taste buds on trial to come up with our grand prize winning recipe which combined the spirit of summer with an easy to follow recipe that a chef of any experience level could enjoy creating.
Out of all of our entries, Debra from Newark, Delaware took home the title of Horizon Head Chef with her Cool, Easy, No Bake Cream Pie.
Debra’s Cool, Easy, No Bake Cream Pie
- 1 ready-made graham pie crust
- 1 – 8oz. container of fruit yogurt your choice of flavor
- 1 container of Cool-Whip or similar brand topping
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of matching (or complimentary) fruit (optional)
- In a large bowl, stir fruit yogurt into Cool Whip. Toss in the fruit and fold lightly (or leave as is and reserve fruit as a garnish on top, added just before serving).
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust. It will be fluffy and full.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour for the filling to set. (or make the day before and chill overnight) .
- Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Debra encourages chefs to get playful with the recipe and add their own spin by utilizing various types of fruits and yogurts. For those health-conscious diners she suggests using a fat free, low calorie version of the whipped topping.
Throughout the summer we will be featuring the runner-up recipes to keep your kitchens busy and BBQ’s happy – so bookmark the Horizon Comfort Zone Blog so you won’t miss a thing.
Additional Information from Horizon Services…
- Five Easy Steps For A Cooler Kitchen
- Horizon Air Conditioning Services
- Horizon Plumbing Services
- Horizon Drain Cleaning Services
- Horizon Sewer & Water Line Replacement Services