Your Opinion Matters…And We Want to Hear It!
Here’s your chance to cast your vote and share your thoughts on a multitude of topics. Periodically, Horizon Services poses a different poll question related to our services (plumbing, heating and air conditioning) as well as other topics of interest to folks like you…things like saving money, using energy efficiently, technology and more. These polls let you know how your opinion or position compares with other poll respondents.
Be sure to come back to take part in our polls and to see the results of previous polls!
February 2011 Poll Results:
What is your expectation for the U.S. economy in 2011?
- Better than last year: 43.48%
- Worse than last year: 19.57%
- About the same as last year: 36.95%
January 2011 Poll Results:
How far do you commute to work or school each day?
- Less than one mile: 3.23%
- 1-5 miles: 16.13%
- 6-10 miles: 16.13%
- 11-20 miles: 9.68%
- 21-50 miles: 19.35%
- 51+ miles: 3.23%
- I work from home: 6.45%
- I work from my car: 0%
- I am unemployed or retired: 25.81%
December 2010 Poll Results:
If you received a fruitcake as a Christmas gift, what would you do with it?
- Eat it — 34.04%
- Throw it away — 10.64%
- Re-gift it — 27.66%
- Use it as a doorstop — 27.66%
November 2010 Poll Results:
This month, we turn the clocks back an hour as we return to standard time. Do you like the concept of Daylight Savings Time…or is it a pain in the neck?
- I like Daylight Savings Time. Let’s Keep It! — 42.11%
- I hate Daylight Savings Time. Get Rid of It! — 57.89%
October 2010 Poll Results:
Do you approve or disapprove of President Obama’s job performance to date?
- Approve — 34.85%
- Disapprove — 57.58%
- Undecided — 7.58%
September 2010 Poll Results:
You are walking down the street. An armored car drives by and a bag of money falls off the back, while the truck speeds away. What do you do?
- Leave the bag there — 3.75%
- Take a little money and leave the bag there — 6.25%
- Take the bag home and call the authorities — 78.5%
- Take the bag home and keep the money — 12.5%
August 2010 Poll Results:
Do you take steps to make your home more energy efficient mostly to save money OR to improve the environment??
- To Save Money — 93.1%
- To Improve The Environment — 6.9%
July 2010 Poll Results:
Which way do you hang your toilet paper on the roll, OVER or UNDER?
- Over — 88%
- Under — 12%
June 2010 Poll Results:
How old is your air conditioning system?
- Less Than One Year Old — 5.6%
- 1-3 Years Old — 8.4%
- 3-5 Years Old — 19.8%
- 5-10 Years Old — 40.2%
- 10-20 Years Old — 24.8%
- 20+ Years Old — 1.2%
May 2010 Poll Results:
What is the highest you will let the outside temperature reach before you turn on your air conditioning?
- 65-70 degrees — 0%
- 71-75 degrees — 7%
- 76-80 degrees — 10.5%
- 81-85 degrees — 35.1%
- 86-90 degrees — 31.6%
- 91-95 degrees — 14%
- 96-100 degrees — 0%
- 100+ degrees — 1.8%
April 2010 Poll Results:
Besides using air conditioning in your home, what is your favorite way to beat the summer heat?
- Go Swimming in a Pool – 31%
- Go To The Shore- 23%
- Go To The Mountains – 14%
- Go To The Mall – 11%
- Go To The Movies – 10%
- Get Ice Cream – 6%
- Take a Bath/Shower – 3%
- Stay Hydrated – 2%
March 2010 Poll Results:
Has the snowy winter of 2009-2010 changed your beliefs about global warming?
- I used to believe in global warming, but not anymore – 3%
- I still believe in global warming – 41%
- I never believed in global warming and still don’t – 34%
- I believe in global cooling – 0%
- I don’t know what to believe – 22%
February 2010 Poll Results:
Has President Obama’s and Congress’ handling of the U.S. economy made you more or less likely to invest in home improvements?
- More Likely – 32%
- Less Likely – 52%
- About the Same – 16%
January 2010 Poll Results:
What would be your first response if you had a clogged sink, toilet or tub?
- Use a Plunger – 68%
- Use a Store-Bought Chemical Drain Cleaner – 19%
- Use a Snake – 13%
- Call a Professional Plumber- 0%
December 2009 Poll Results:
How do your utility bills for 2009 compare to your bills from 2008?
- My utility bills are higher! AAARGH!! — 22%
- My utility bills are lower. YAY! — 39%
- My utility bills are about the same as last year. — 39%
November 2009 Poll Results:
Do you think President Obama and Congress should extend Federal tax credits for energy-efficient home improvements another year?
- Yes — 84%
- No — 11%
- I Don’t Know — 5%
October 2009 Poll Results:
What is YOUR prediction for the upcoming winter season in DE, PA and MD?
- Colder than usual with lots of snow! — 39%
- Colder than usual but not much snow. — 17%
- Same as usual. Nothing out of the ordinary. — 35%
- Warmer than usual! — 9%
September 2009 Poll Results:
Do you have a Carbon Monoxide detector installed in your home?
- Yes — 70%
- No — 30%
August 2009 Poll Results:
Do you look for the ENERGY STAR label when purchasing appliances and HVAC equipment for your home?
- Yes, Always — 75%
- No, Never — 6%
- Mmmm…Sometimes — 19%
July 2009 Poll Results:
Do you believe in Global Warming; if so, do you think it is caused by man?
- Yes, and I believe it is man-made — 48%
- Yes, but I think it’s just a natural occurrence — 23%
- No, I think it’s all poppycock — 28%
- Gee, I don’t know what to think about it — 0%
June 2009 Poll Results:
Will the Economy Cause You to Reduce the Amount of Air Conditioning You Use to Cool Your Home This summer??
- Yes, I expect to use less air conditioning –38%
- No, I expect to use more air conditioning – 5%
- Not really; I expect to use about the same air conditioning as usual – 57%
May 2009 Poll Results:
Do You Plan to Take Advantage of Energy Efficiency Tax Credits in 2009?
- Yes – 67%
- No – 22%
- Maybe – 11%
April 2009 Poll Results:
Do you plan to schedule a precision tune-up for your air conditioning system this spring to ensure maximum performance this summer?
- Yes – 69%
- No – 17%
- Thinking About It – 14%
Horizon Services: The only full-service plumbing, heating, air conditioning, geothermal, drain cleaning and sewer and water line replacement company in Delaware, Southeastern Pennsylvania, South New Jersey, and Northeastern Maryland that guarantees on-time service, up-front pricing and the job done right and clean the first time!