Deciding To Replace Your Equipment
How to Know if You Really Need a New Heater or Air Conditioner
Whether your heating and air conditioning system is broken and is expensive to repair or it’s simply too old and costs too much to operate, your decision whether to replace it should be based on an equipment analysis. This will show you your current operating costs and your return on your investment in new, more efficient equipment. The cost to operate your current heating and air conditioning system, according to the Department of Energy, has increased 42% in the last several years while the cost to manufacture the equipment, including raw material costs for copper, iron, plastic, sheet metal and aluminum has jumped dramatically over the same period.
A higher efficiency system will result in lower energy costs, eliminate expensive repairs, reduce maintenance costs and decrease the indoor temperature variance. More importantly, it will protect your investment with a longer and more complete warranty.
If you’re having a tough time deciding whether or not to replace your heater or air conditioner, use these five simple rules:
- If your system is 12 years old or appears to be in poor running condition, replace it.
- If it is costing you a lot maintain and is in need of constant repair, replace it.
- If you have noticed a significant increase over the past year in the cost to heat and cool your home, replace it.
- If your heating or air conditioning system does not keep you as comfortable as it used to, replace it.
- If frequent breakdowns are causing you to take additional and unnecessary time off from work, replace it.
Once the decision is made to replace your heating and air conditioning equipment, choose several reputable local contractors to meet with to verify their qualifications and talk to others who have used their services.
Our friendly and experienced team of Comfort Specialists knows heating and air conditioning systems inside and out. They’ll take the time to study your home, understand your heating and cooling requirements, show you all of your options and assist you with finding the quality home comfort system that best meets your family’s needs and budget.
Call the numbers below to speak to a Customer Service Representative and schedule a FREE, no-obligation In-Home Energy Analysis with a Horizon Services Comfort Specialist.
Contact Horizon Services
- In Wilmington and New Castle County, DE: (302) 442-7607
- In Kent County, DE: (302) 724-6243
- In Delaware County, PA: (610) 572-4300
- In Chester County, PA: (610) 643-4226
- In Montgomery County, PA: (215) 392-0934
- In Bucks County, PA: (267) 991-0075
- In Gloucester County, NJ: (856) 318-2597
- In Camden County, NJ: (856) 288-1751
- In Burlington County, NJ: (609) 526-3098
- In Cecil County, MD: (410) 885-4219
- Request an Appointment Online!
Horizon Services: The only full-service plumbing, heating, air conditioning, geothermal, drain cleaning and sewer and water line replacement company in Delaware, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Gloucester, Camden and Burlington County New Jersey and Maryland that guarantees on-time service, up-front pricing and the job done right and clean the first time!