Choosing The Right Contractor
Not All Heating and Air Conditioning Contractors Are Created Equal!
Choosing the right HVAC contractor can mean the difference between an installation of your heating and air conditioning system that goes smoothly and provides years of trouble-free comfort and one that winds up costing you thousand in wasted money and aggravation. Before you search for a contractor, you must do some homework about your specific job. Your goal isn’t to become a technical expert, but you want to learn enough to ask the right questions and evaluate the answers.
Research Your Options
Your neighbor had a great experience with one contractor and your co-worker had a terrible experience with another. This feedback is great research material! During the research phase, identify several contractors who can help you with your job. The best feedback comes from the word-of-mouth experiences of people you trust. They are more likely to give you the “straight scoop” on their experiences (both positive and negative) than other potential referrals. Your prospect list should include two to three contractors. Each prospect should be located locally and the business should have a physical street address. Then, you should call your local Better Business Bureau (BBB), or other consumer related organizations to verify company information.
Before You Make a Decision, Ask These 20 Basic Questions:
- How long has the company been in business?
- How many certified service technicians and installation technicians does the company have?
- Is every employee required to sign a Customer Service Pledge?
- Is the company a member in good standing with the BBB?
- Has the company received awards in the community for outstanding service in plumbing, heating and air conditioning?
- Is the company available evenings and weekends with call takers and technicians to handle any service calls or emergencies?
- Does the company survey customers after work is completed to find out the level of customer satisfaction?
- Does the company have adequate liability insurance and proof of it?
- Does the company provide workers compensation insurance?
- Does the company drug test and background check all employees before hiring them and continue with random tests throughout their employment?
- Does the company test each employee on their level of technical experience before hiring them?
- Does the company have a documented weekly technical training program for employees to maintain and improve their skill level?
- Does the company have an in-house training facility with a full time trainer for service and installation technicians?
- Will the company use shoe covers and drop cloths on the job to protect your home and property?
- Does the company have a policy to show up on time or refund your money?
- Will the company provide you with a list of customers who have had problems resolved with a no questions-no hassle written guarantee?
- Does the company have a written 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee?
- Will the company handle all permits needed for your job?
- Does the company have all necessary state and local licenses to perform the appropriate work?
- Can the company provide me with a list of references for the work I am planning to have done?
- 354 Dedicated Horizon Services Employees: DE-209 and PA-145
- 76 Heating and Air Conditioning Service Technicians
- 54 Heating and Air Conditioning Installers
- 55 Plumbing and Drain Cleaning technicians
- 200 service and support vehicles covering Delaware (Wilmington, New Castle County and Kent County), Southeastern Pennsylvania (Delaware County, Chester County, The Main Line, Montgomery County, and Bucks County), New Jersey (Gloucester County, Camden County and Burlington County) and Northeastern Maryland (Cecil County).
- 24-hour, 7-days-a-week call center and dispatch system
Be A Smart Heating and Air Conditioning Customer
After you have completed the checklist above here are a few more tips that will help you make an intelligent decision when it comes to investing money in your family’s comfort and safety.
- Don’t rush into a project or take the first bid that comes along (including door-to door solicitations).
- Don’t accept a verbal estimate; it must be in writing.
- Don’t make cash payments or full payment up front.
- Don’t think you’ve discovered a great bargain on a heater or air conditioner if you get a bid that is substantially lower than other bids. Remember, you get what you pay for. And if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Our friendly and experienced team of Comfort Specialists knows heating and air conditioning systems inside and out. They’ll take the time to study your home, understand your heating and cooling requirements, show you all of your options and assist you with finding the quality home comfort system that best meets your family’s needs and budget.
Call the numbers below to speak to a Customer Service Representative and schedule a FREE, no-obligation In-Home Energy Analysis with a Horizon Services Comfort Specialist.
Contact Horizon Services
- In Wilmington and New Castle County, DE: (302) 442-7607
- In Kent County, DE: (302) 724-6243
- In Delaware County, PA: (610) 572-4300
- In Chester County, PA: (610) 643-4226
- In Montgomery County, PA: (215) 392-0934
- In Bucks County, PA: (267) 991-0075
- In Gloucester County, NJ: (856) 318-2597
- In Camden County, NJ: (856) 288-1751
- In Burlington County, NJ: (609) 526-3098
- In Cecil County, MD: (410) 885-4219
- Request an Appointment Online!
Horizon Services: The only full-service plumbing, heating, air conditioning, geothermal, drain cleaning and sewer and water line replacement company in Delaware, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Gloucester, Camden and Burlington County New Jersey and Northeastern Maryland that guarantees on-time service, up-front pricing and the job done right and clean the first time!