A Precision Tune-Up is Your Air Conditioner’s Best Friend!
The Best Way to Guarantee Efficient, Reliable, Worry Free Air Conditioning.
If you own a car, you probably don’t think twice about taking it in to the shop for periodic tune-ups. After all, everybody wants a smooth enjoyable ride and nobody wants to experience unexpected breakdowns. Common-sense tells you that the best way to keep your car performing at its best is to schedule regular maintenance.
The same applies to your air conditioning. Like your car, your air conditioner is a hard-working machine. It generates a lot of heat and has got lots of moveable parts. It requires fluids and lubricants. Air conditioners are exposed to the elements, collect dust and dirt and are subject to immeasurable wear and tear. Common sense would tell you that in order to keep your air conditioning system working at its most efficient and economical, you should give it regular tune-ups and maintenance.
Unfortunately, most consumers don’t do so. In a recent survey, over 55% of air conditioning owners do not schedule regular tune-ups for their air conditioning systems and units. Not coincidentally, over half of all A/C users express dissatisfaction with the performance of their air conditioner and its cost to operate. Furthermore, service records show that most major and costly air conditioning repair jobs could have been prevented or detected early with a simple annual tune-up.
There’s no doubt about it: a precision tune-up for your air conditioner is the simplest and best thing you can do to guarantee that your air conditioner will keep you comfortable all summer long and your best assurance that small air conditioning problems don’t develop into bigger, more expensive headaches later on.
Why You Should Schedule a Precision Tune-Up for Your Air Conditioner
Manufacturers, utility companies and HVAC professionals recommend regularly scheduled tune-ups and maintenance on air conditioning systems. Why? Because they can reduce equipment breakdowns by as much as 95% and lower utility bills by up to 25%!
- You greatly increase the chances that your A/C technician will catch small problems before they become big ones. Repairing a small refrigerant leak that’s caught during a tune-up shouldn’t cost much more than the service call itself. On the other hand, buying a new compressor when low refrigerant levels burn your current one out, however, can cost a thousand dollars or more. What would you rather pay for — an ounce of prevention now or a pound of cure later?
- Precision tune-ups ensure that your A/C unit is working at optimal efficiency. When your A/C is running well, it uses less energy to cool your home. Lower energy use means bigger savings for you on your monthly utility bills.
Bottom Line: An air conditioner tune-up will save you lots of money in both the long and short term…and provide peace of mind!
When to Schedule a Precision Tune-Up for Your Air Conditioner
A/C tune-ups should be scheduled at least once a year; more if you live in a hot climate and subject your air conditioner to heavy usage. For most homeowners, spring is the ideal time to schedule an air conditioning tune-up. After sitting idle all winter, your system may be a little rusty and have few kinks; a tune-up is the best way to eliminate any negative impact the winter may have had.
Maintenance that is performed early in the season can identify or prevent many small problems from becoming more expensive problems later on when the summer heat really kicks in. And by scheduling your air conditioner tune-up for spring, you’ll also beat the long waits and higher prices that come during the summer months when peak demand occurs…and when you really want your air conditioner to be working.
Your 21-Point Air Conditioning Precision Tune-Up and Professional Cleaning Includes:
- Calibrate and level thermostat
- Clean filters as needed
- Monitor volts/amps on fan motor
- Lubricate and inspect bearings for wear
- Clean indoor coil if accessible
- Flush/treat condensate drain with anti-algae
- Inspect condenser coil
- Monitor operating pressure of refrigerant
- Inspect safety devices for proper operation
- Inspect disconnect box for proper rating and installation
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Test/inspect contactors for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical system for exposed wiring
- Test and inspect capacitors
- Inspect fan blade
- Clean condenser coil and remove debris
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Measure temperature difference – supply/return
- Inspect duct work for energy loss
- Monitor compressor for proper amperage, volt draw & wiring connections
- Clean debris from around the condenser
Schedule Your Air Conditioner Tune-Up and Professional Cleaning Today!
One hour is all it takes to complete a typical A/C tune-up and cleaning. An annual air conditioner tune-up is the easiest way to guarantee that your air conditioning system will run properly each summer and stay at peak performance for years to come. To ensure worry-free, money-saving operation, schedule an air conditioning precision tune-up today!